Cloud Computing is gaining increasing attention within enterprises of all shapes and sizes, but few technologists actually know how to properly scope, design, and construct Cloud solutions. Taking standard software applications, databases, and user interfaces and deploying them in a Cloud environment is a recipe for disaster. Proper scoping, usage modeling, and careful design are all essential to success in the Cloud.
This OpenStack cloud architecture training will let you gain a deep and practical understanding of the benefits and challenges associated with cloud computing and how to address them at the design stage of your projects. We use the components of the OpenStack project to expose students to cloud deployment best practices and reference example cloud implementations, providing valuable insight for anyone building a new cloud environment through internal program and configurationsProfessionals holding this level of knowledge have continually helped their companies with successful deployments and migrations.
A Candidate is able to perform the following tasks :
- Deploy and Configure their own public or private cloud without any framework or automation tools
- Be in a position to configure the various OpenStack components to create your own reliable and scalable private cloud infrastructure
- Understand how a cloud-based IT infrastructure differs from a conventional data center design
- Be familiar with the terminology used by cloud professionals and understand OpenStack-related concepts
- Be in position to deploy a private cloud environment based on OpenStack
- Understand the various Linux networking, storage, configuration and provisioning techniques available in the enterprise world, especially the ones that are part of the OpenStack project
- Be able to evaluate the security risks associated with cloud computing and how to address them
Hiring IT professionals who are OpenStack IaaS architect allows many organizations to increase their ratio of servers to administrators, enabling them to be more cost effective in building out their infrastructures without needing to bring on additional resources.
Course Content :
- OpenStack Platform architecture
– Understand OpenStack Platform features and terminology
- Reference Architecture
– Node Roles | Best Practices | Scalability
- OpenStack Platform installation – architect level
– Install OpenStack platform directly through configuration files
– Use RestApi and python-novaclient to manage cloud and client
- Deploying Prerequisite Services
– Time Management – NTP | Relational Database – MySQL | AMQP Server – RabbitMQ
- Message broker
– Install and secure the Qpid message broker service.
- Identity service
– Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Object storage service
– Install and manage the Swift object storage service.
- Image service
– Install the Glance image service.
– Import system images.
- Block storage service
– Install the Cinder block storage service.
– Manage Cinder volumes.
- Networking service
– Install, configure, and manage OpenStack Platform networking service.
- Advanced Software Defined Networking with Quantum
– An introduction to SDN | An Introduction to Linux Network Namespaces
-|An Introduction to OpenFlow
– An Introduction to Open vSwitch | OpenStack Routing Models
- Compute and controller services
– Install Nova compute and controller.
– Learn how to add nova compute nodes.
– Launch an instance from the command line.
- Additional compute node
– Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
- Orchestration service
– Install the Heat orchestration service.
- Metering service
– Install and manage the Ceilometer metering service.
– Launch a stack.
- High Availability in the Cloud
– An Introduction to High Availability
– Highly Available OpenStack Reference Architecture
– OpenStack VM High Availability